Theale Parish Council will sit for a special meeting on Monday, 30th March. The subject of the meeting is the potential for construction of a new primary school in the village.
From the Theale Parish Council Meeting Agenda:
West Berkshire Council has approved the construction of a new, replacement primary school on a new site in Theale.
West Berkshire Council’s preferred site is on the North Street playing fields, Englefield Road which is currently leased by the parish council and used for football and public open space.
Members to discuss whether the site should be relinquished and RESOLVE on any actions required.
The first part of the meeting is an open forum for members of the public.
The meeting will be held at the Peter Gooch room, the Pavillion (next to the Parish Council office), Englefield Road and will start at 7.30pm on Monday 30th March 2015.
Theale has a Parish Plan which lists some objectives to improve the quality of life and facilities in the village. These objectives range from: promoting access to locally sourced produced, to improving the transport options, to improving facilities for the younger generation…. the list goes on. The full list of objectives can be found here.
Theale’s Future was formed to create the Parish Plan and assist in achieving these objectives. The plan was last produced over 5 years ago, and it’s time it was refreshed.
To refresh the plan, we need the understand the view of the community, which involves creating a questionnaire and gathering responses, analysing the results and updating the objectives.
Unfortunately, Theale’s Future doesn’t have a large number of people at the moment, which means that what can be done is limited.
And this is where we invite more people to get involved. We need to plan out how to undertake the refresh, and create a new questionnaire.
If you are interested in helping to keep Theale a rewarding place to live and work, please let us know and get involved! You can get in contact by emailing email@example.com, or by attending a meeting, which takes place on the third Tuesday of each month. The next meeting is on Tuesday 17th March, at The Bull.
We look forward to hearing from you!
West Berkshire Countryside Society has released its schedule of events from April until June 2015, with the first activities taking place on Tuesday, 7th April.
Click on the image to the left to see the list in full.
Please bear in mind that with the outdoor activities circumstances can change, and it’s always worth contacting WBCS before you leave to attend an event.
Theale Holy Trinity Church has announced a series of events for March:
- Sunday, 15th March at 10.30am: Mother’s Day Service at Theale Holy Trinity Church, Theale
- Sunday, 15th March at 4.00pm: Family Church Mother’s Day Service at St. Luke’s Church, Theale
- Monday, 16th March at 7.30pm: “Meet the Team” at Theale Primary School, Theale
- Thursday, 19th March at 7.30pm: “The Bible Unwrapped” at St. Luke’s Church, Theale
- Friday, 20th March at 7.00pm: Quiz and Fish & Chip Supper at St. Luke’s Church, Theale
- Saturday, 21st March at 10.30am: Frozen Party at St. Luke’s Church, Theale
- Saturday, 21st March at 7.30pm: Charity Dinner at Holiday Inn, Padworth
- Sunday, 22nd March at 10.30am: Special Guest Service, Holy Trinity Church, Theale
- Sunday, 22nd March at 5.00pm: Informal Service for Young People, Holy Trinity Church, Theale
Click on the image above or here to see the full flyer (pdf file).
To purchase tickets for the charity dinner on Saturday 21st March, please click here to view the booking form (pdf file).